Ronaldo missing from Juventus photoshoot amid rape allegation

Share

Ronaldo missing from Juventus photoshoot amid rape allegation

They then shared a video of him with the caption: "Juventus go for goal".

Ronaldo, 33, has been accused of raping a United States woman, Kathryn Mayorga, in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.

Claims against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo have resurfaced from 2009, and EA have chose to remove his image from the social media channels for the Federation Internationale de Football Association games as they are "monitoring the situation".

He said: "Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the biggest names in world sport - he has spent many years building up his reputation as not only one of the world's greatest ever footballers, but also as a valuable asset to the brands that he works with". They fell by 10 percent alone on Friday in the aftermath of sponsors voicing concerns about Ronaldo's alleged conduct.

The defending Serie A champions' tweets were widely panned on social media as "shockingly dismissive and insensitive".

But ever since Cristiano Ronaldo's rape case came into light, there have been few who have come out to support the superstar and majority have either been family or close friends.

Juventus have so far stood behind Ronaldo, but the Italian club's reaction to the issue has angered some fans.

Juventus have backed Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of a summons being issued for the five-time Ballon d'Or victor over an alleged rape.

We have seen the concerning report that details allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has vehemently denied the rape accusations.

The statement comes in the way of a denial from the player, who said: "Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in".

"My clear conscious will thereby allow me to await with tranquillity the results of any and all investigations", Ronaldo posted on Twitter. Nike's contract with the Portuguese football star is reportedly worth $1 billion. In a statement to Eurogamer on Thursday, they said they were "closely monitoring" the situation.

Gomes also spoke up for Ronaldo.

The lawsuit claims she was coerced into signing a $375,000 (£332,000) out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo in 2010.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously had reported that the woman at the centre of Cristiano Ronaldo's forced assault, Kathryn Mayorga, was close to taking her life after the alleged incident, claims her legal representatives on Wednesday, October 4.

Share

Advertisement

© 2015 Leader Call. All Rights reserved.