YouTube shooter's family thought she could 'never hurt one ant'


YouTube shooter's family thought she could 'never hurt one ant'

Just hours before she shot and wounded three people at the YouTube headquarters on Tuesday, police in Mountain View spotted Nasim Aghdam sleeping in her auto. He said he wasn't sure if his store - a long nondescript beige brick building next to an auto dealership, with palm trees surrounding the front entrance - had been contacted by law enforcement but said they would cooperate in any investigation.

"At no point during our roughly 20-minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others", police said.

"We know that she was upset with YouTube. that's the motivation", San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said as he addressed the media a day after the incident.

Mountain View police spotted her auto at 1:40 a.m. Tuesday morning parked in a Walmart parking lot, Aghdam asleep inside.

She never brought up YouTube or her rage against the company. It was the culmination of a crackdown begun past year on controversial sites and in the immediate aftermath of scathing criticism following YouTube star Logan Paul publishing a video showing a dead body in a Japanese forest.

Family members first reported Aghdam missing on Monday, filing an "at-risk" report with the San Diego County Sheriff's Office as she'd recently lived with her grandmother in the area.

Authorities told the family they would "keep an eye on her", but meant that colloquially because it would have been impractical, possibly inappropriate, or even a civil rights violation, to track someone who hadn't committed a crime.

Nasim Aghdam, 39, bought the 9 mm Smith and Wesson pistol from a shop in San Diego on January 16 - about 11 weeks before she targeted the company, unleashing chaos as employees were eating lunch, San Bruno police Commander Geoff Caldwell told USA TODAY.

"I am so sorry for those people shot", she said. He declined to say where she purchased the weapon. "Women are not as socialized to guns as men are", Dr. Hickey said.

Police say they didn't know this when they met Aghdam.

Investigators have also learned she stopped in at a gun range Tuesday morning.

"Halfway through she exchanged magazines and continued shooting until she turned the gun on herself", Caldwell said. Her handgun had a 17-bullet capacity, according to Smith & Wesson.

Several were injured in a shooting at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, Calif. April 3, 2018.12:48 p.m.

Eleven hours after the interaction, Aghdam opened fire at the company's headquarters.

While the total number of shots is not determined, Caldwell said Aghdam fired "several" and blasted through at least one magazine and reloaded with a second before firing again.

At around lunchtime she arrived at YouTube's headquarters and opened fire.

As for the victims of Aghdam's attack, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital said two of the three patients the medical facility had received were discharged Tuesday night. The company has vowed to beef up its security worldwide after the shooting.



© 2015 Leader Call. All Rights reserved.