Ford North America President Raj Nair Fired For 'Inappropriate Behavior'

Share

Ford North America President Raj Nair Fired For 'Inappropriate Behavior'

His appointment as President of North America was as recent as one year as he had taken this position in June 2017.

The news that Nair will leave the US auto maker, comes less than a year after Ford agreed a major settlement pay out following an investigation by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for sex and race harassment at two of its Chicago factories.

Ford said on Wednesday that Nair was leaving the company immediately after an investigation found his behavior was "inconsistent with the company's code of conduct".

Just in the past week, the charity Save the Children announced it was investigating sexual misconduct allegations made against its former CEO and the CEO of apparel company Guess resigned following sexual harassment accusations. Ford is sincerely committed to catering and nurturing a safe and respectful culture.

Ford officials would not specify what behavior led to Nair's departure.

Last May, the automaker named Hackett its new chief executive, replacing Mark Fields. He was previously head of global product development and chief technical officer.

The company is expected to move two current executives, Kumar Galhotra and Stuart Rowley, into new posts that cover the responsibilities Nair had as the head of North America, two people familiar with the matter said.

Ford Motor Company today announced key changes to its senior management team as it continues to strengthen its automotive business, improve the company's operational fitness, and accelerate a strategic shift to capitalize on emerging opportunities.

Galhotra has been with Ford for almost 30 years and has served in a multitude of senior-level engineering and product strategy positions around the world.

Ford did not disclose why the investigation started at the first place. The case involved the same Chicago factories where Ford faced lawsuits and a probe by the federal agency that led to a US$17.5 million settlement in 1999. In a public letter, Hackett said the incident "has been a learning experience about how hard it can be to root out bad behavior" and vowed that the company had "no room for harassment".

"Investors and analysts have been unhappy with the seeming lack of a clear direction for Ford", she said.

Hackett has struggled to revive Ford's fortunes since the automaker ousted former CEO Mark Fields past year.

Share

Advertisement

© 2015 Leader Call. All Rights reserved.