"I don't know what would've happened to my ear", he said.
"I don't know what would've happened to my ear", said Colon.
Colon thinks it was faulty battery. "You can see where it looks like there's flame damage".
Jason Colon, the owner of the AirPods was listening to dance music at the LA Fitness when he saw white smoke coming out of the right half of the AirPods. A similar incident occurred in Australia when a battery inside a pair of wireless headphones exploded during a flight, and of course, there was the saga around the ill-fated Samsung Galaxy Note 7. The news has been shared with Apple and a company's spokesperson says that the firm is investigating the matter and will contact the owner for more information.
As a result, we are relieved the new lightning EarPods are so much better than their predecessors.
Luckily, the owner sensed the smoked and removed the AirPods in time.
They're surprisingly good at staying put within your ear, and the battery life is commendable.
Since there is a mystery behind the explosion of the AirPods, we are certainly not sure what could be the reason behind this explosion.
The likelihood of losing them is real, but this fault lies in the hands of the consumer, rather than the manufacturer. A search of Apple's support forums turned up two reports of AirPods growing warm or hot after 30 minutes of use.
This isn't the first case of a popular product bursting into flames.