As you've likely heard and or seen by now, McGregor flipped out on officials and the security staff for the card, after he rushed the cage to congratulate his teammate Charlie Ward. "So, I do commend the UFC to some extent for doing that", Mazzulli said, later confirming that UFC officials told him McGregor had been scheduled to fight at UFC 219 on December 30, despite public perception being quite different.
It's not the first time Goddard and McGregor have gotten into it.
Many fans were disgusted by the infraction, accusing McGregor of giving a bad name to the sport and disrespecting the fighters.
When Goddard attempted to pull McGregor away, he reacted furiously, pushing the referee and screaming insults.
The tweet was only up for about a minute before he swiftly deleted it. It's like soccer players when they score goals and you see them running around and then some will go like this. However, Mike Mazzulli, who is the president of the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports (ABC) and is also the director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation (MTDAR), which was the lead regulator of the Bellator 187 spoke on The MMA Hour on Monday and revealed some news he got from UFC executives.
Oscar De La Hoya was not quiet about his disdain for the much-publicized boxing match between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Conor McGregor this past summer. They did inform me that he was set to be on the December 30 card and he will not be on it. "If Mr. McGregor was licensed at Mohegan and he did this at another commission overseas, I would suspend him indefinitely, and I would require for him to come to a hearing and explain himself. You have the right to be sanctioned".
Asked whether he had confidence UFC will take legitimate action against McGregor, the biggest star in the sport, and stick to it, he gave credit to the promotion's initial reaction. "They already did", Mazzulli said. I commend UFC for that, I really do. You know what occurred in Poland.