Nathaniel Clyne faces three months out after back surgery

Share

Nathaniel Clyne faces three months out after back surgery

Clyne is yet to feature for the Reds this season after suffering a back injury during a preseason game against Tranmere.

Speaking on November 3, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "He was in a good way and then had a little setback".

He did resume light training in September, but the 26-year-old has since suffered a setback and has now undergone "minor, corrective surgery" in a bid to rectify the problem.

The back problem has persisted and the England global recently suffered a setback in his injury comeback.

In a statement, Liverpool said there were "no complications" with the operation. Hot on the heels of returning to action in the 4-1 win over West Ham United, the 25-year played his part as Senegal qualified for their first World Cup in 18-years - an outing that left his long-term fitness in question.

The German gaffer has been forced to rotate Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold to fill the void but Liverpool's defence has come under increasing scrutiny.

The former of the pair has performed well in the role when given a chance and was recently called up to the England senior squad.

In a case of "too much, too soon", Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane is on his way back to Merseyside to be assessed by the Reds medical staff after aggravating a hamstring injury that had previously kept him sidelined for a month.

Mané, meanwhile, has been released early from global duty after picking up the problem during Senegal's 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over South Africa last Friday.

Share

Advertisement

© 2015 Leader Call. All Rights reserved.