He conducted two in July, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was another missile test, ' Pompeo said on Fox News Sunday.
Pompeo also said that he believed North Korea would continue to develop its missile capabilities under its leader Kim Jong-un.
"It is probably fair to say that they are moving towards that at an ever alarming rate".
Now it was on countries like China and Russian Federation along with USA allies like South Korea and Japan to work in tandem to get nuclear weapons out of the region.
Some former security and defense officials have said that Trump's rhetoric - including a threat of "fire and fury" and an assertion days later that the USA military was "locked and loaded" in the face of North Korea's provocations - have made a volatile situation worse.
"If North Korea does anything in terms of even thinking about attack of anybody that we love or we represent or our allies or us, they can be very, very nervous", he explained.
Despite the increased tensions and the bellicose rhetoric from Trump and Kim, Pompeo said there was "nothing imminent" for people to worry about and that he had seen "no intelligence" that would indicate the two nations were on the cusp of nuclear war.
Venezuela could become a risk to US: CIA director
He said President Trump was just trying to give the country's people hope when he floated the idea on Friday that the USA would take military action after condemning Venezuelan leader Nicholas Maduro for human rights abuses and calling for him to hold "free and fair elections".
Earlier this week, the Trump administration also imposed new sanctions on Venezuela, targeting members of the new all-powerful constituent assembly.
Both "agreed North Korea must stop its provocative and escalatory behavior", the White House said in a statement. In response, North Korea announced a detailed plan to fire ballistic missiles towards Guam, a USA territory in the Pacific.
National security adviser H.R. McMaster said Trump has asked for a report on what could happen next in the country.
Tuesday: "North Korea, best not make any more threats to the United States", Mr Trump tells reporters.
President Donald Trump issued another strong warning to North Korea Friday.