Chinese incursions into India reported

Share

Chinese incursions into India reported

On July 19, government officials found People's Liberation Army troops on the Barahotio pasture ground and asked them to move back.

The Barahoti border has not been demarcated and the two sides differ on perception about it. By the time ITBP personnel reached the area, the Chinese soldiers had left, " a security establishment officer said.There was no official word on the incident.

"Though we can't call it routine it is not so unusual movement either", said a senior ITBP official on the condition of anonymity. "The stationed security forces have not given us any information nor has the district magistrate" Madan Kaushik told ANI.

Kaushik also said that they've ordered further probe into the matter.

There was hope of a breakthrough in the border row last week ahead of Doval's meeting with Xi on the sidelines of BRICS summit in Beijing. The incident comes to light after the deadlock between Chinese and Indian troops at Dokalam near Sikkim.

However, the Chinese official media has been carrying a blistering campaign accusing India of trespassing into the Chinese territory. The article argued that China must avoid war, but insist on Indian troop withdrawal from Doklam by other means.

China responded by suspending the Kailash-Mansarovar yatra through the Nathu La pass.

Another such standoff in 2013 had lasted for 21 days in Ladakh's Daulat Beg Oldie.

The standoff started more than a month ago after Chinese troops started building a road on the remote plateau, which is disputed by China and Bhutan. They were, however, pushed back, the First Post reported. It shares the longest worldwide border in the eastern sector. Transgressions are fairly regular along two major stretches - in Aksai Chin (bordering Ladakh) and in Arunachal Pradesh which China claims to be part of Southern Tibet.

In a conversation with The Hindu, Long Xingchun, Director of Centre of India Studies, China West Normal University, advocated that Bhutan could become a key player in ending the face-off in Doklam, as part of a two-step formula of finding a solution. The same year, India cancelled defence exchanges with China after Beijing refused to permit Lt. Gen. B.S. Jaswal.

Share

Advertisement

© 2015 Leader Call. All Rights reserved.